SILICACAD PROFESSIONAL 2022
Make the most of your CAD software investment. Why you will like SilicaCAD? Beside being an all-embracing 2D/3D CAD tool with all the fundamental drawing functionality, SilicaCAD offers professionals a large number of advanced features and exclusive tools which are most likely to become indispensable in your CAD design arsenal. The new BIM import features for Autodesk Revit® and IFC files expand the SilicaCAD usage for AEC market.
SilicaCAD Professional 2022 Advanced Tools
Any CAD User will appreciate to keep at hand and at no extra cost such tools as the PDF to DWG converter, the block management module, the vectorizer, PDF and 3D PDF export/import, multiple formats converters, the photorealistic render as well as some specific ones like topographic 3D Civil features and an architectural plugin. All this in one software package! To explore SilicaCAD advanced tools, consult the list below
PDF to DWG conversion
Included PDF2DWG conversion engine, The PDF Import is quick and easy Tool. SilicaCAD helps you convert your PDF files to editable DWG drawings generating and optimizing vector entities such as lines, polylines, splines, hatches, circles, arcs and text strings. All colors are retained in the DWG/DXF file. PDF2DWG supports preview of pages, Batch conversion of all PDFs in a folder, multi-page PDF conversion, intelligent TrueType texts, line width and dashed lines recognition. PDFtoDWG is compatible with Layered PDF and preserves the same Layers scheme existing in the PDF when converting PDF to DWG. PDF2DWG allows to save time by easily transferring projects, drawings, parts of existing vector PDFs catalogs and manuals to CAD drawings to use them as native DWG files. PDFtoDWG supports all versions of Adobe PDF files.
- STEP, IGES Import (and Export) STEP geometries and transform them into easily editable DWG entities.
- SolidWorks Import .sldprt part files and .sldasm assembly files and transform them into DWG entities.
- ESRI-SHAPE SHP Import SHAPE (ESRI) files with geometry and its attributes into DWG drawings. Specific commands allow geometry insertion, colors and layers management, data dynamic control.
- 3DS, DGN(Microstation), LWO, OBJ(Wavefront), STL, RGT, KMZ, DXF, DWF
- Autodesk Revit® to insert BIM models into DWG. .rvt/.rfa are standard the facto in the building industries. SilicaCAD allows inserting BIM Autodesk Revit® models into your DWG as an underlay or as part of the DWG.
- IFC to insert BIM models into DWG. IFC is a global standard for data exchange in the building industries. Building industry professionals can use IFC to share data regardless of what software application they use to get their job done. SilicaCAD allows inserting BIM models into your DWG as an underlay or as part of the DWG.
- POINT CLOUDS Import ReCap® .rcp, .rcs, and general formats like .pcg, .isd, .xyz, .ply, .las, .laz
- STEP, IGES
- PDF, DWF, DWFx, 3DS, DAE (Collada), LWO, POV, MA(Maya), OBJ(Wavefront), BMP, JPG, WMF, EMF, SVG
- 3D PRINT STL Export for 3D Printer output
BLOCK EDITOR (_BEDIT)
The Block Editor offers a special authoring area to enable free drawing
and editing of blocks geometry.
In the Block Editor, you can
- Modify a block geometry
- Add/Delete entities
- Define attributes
- Manage visibility states
- Test and save the block definition
EASYARCH 3D – THE ARCHITECTURAL 2D/3D PLUGIN
The automated building tool for architects designed to increase productivity in house and interior design and remodeling.
EasyArch allows to:
- Create walls
- Edit walls (delete, rotate, MOVE, copy, make/cap holes etc.)
- Insert, copy, move, edit doors and windows automatically
- Manage layers (quick turning on/off, freeze/unfreeze, isolate etc.)
- Manage and insert parametric blocks from the additional menus
- Create stairs
- Create roofs
- Create and edit tables of elements, rooms, spaces
- Assisted dimensioning
Metric and Imperial support
ADVANCED RENDER – ARTISAN
This is an ideal product for architects, engineers and for all those designers who need to view their own drawings in a photorealistic visualization.
SilicaCAD professional includes for free the advanced Artisan Renderer Engine based on the ray-tracing algorithm. It allows you to quickly create a photorealistic image of your model using a wide range of pre-set materials and lighting setups combined with the ability to create custom lights and realistic materials. It has the following characteristics:
- Photorealistic rendering with light and shade, reflection and transparency effects
- Materials like wood with grain, stone, plastic, metal, bricks (customizable, different shades)
- The finishing can be personalized with effects of reflection or transparency
- Complete control over illumination thanks to multiple light points
- Library of pre-set materials
- Smooth shadows
- Sun position control
- Save images with a custom resolution
- Pre-defined lighting schemes
- Library of pre-set backgrounds, 2D and 3D (hemispherical image)
- Manage SnapShots, for storing all the data from your work in scenes
- Archives of own libraries of materials, lights and backgrounds.
With SilicaCAD you can also easily export drawings to other external Rendering software like: LightWave (.lwo), 3dStudio (.3ds), Pov-Ray (.pov)
Create and insert a QRCODE from any text, URL etc.
Make text in your drawings scannable from QR Codes using any mobile phone or tablet with a camera.
QR Codes, also known as mobile barcodes, allow to represent text, URLs, contact information etc.
Users may get automatically a lot of useful information for execution of maintenance, simply scanning the QR Codes visible in the drawings..
GRADIENT HATCH SUPPORT
Fleshing out a drawing on SilicaCAD can give it additional impact during presentations, and the addition of color gradients to surfaces to produce a more “realistic” appearance is a great way to do so.
Gradients can be displayed and created through a user-friendly interface. Improved Hatch Form.
SURVEYING, GIS E CIVIL FEATURES
- Image Georeferencing
Georeferencing is the process of scaling, rotating, translating and deskewing the image to match a particular size and position. Special for GIS!
- ECW support
ECW is an open standard wavelet compression image format developed by Earth Resource Mapping. The file format is optimized for aerial and satellite imagery, and efficiently compresses very large images with fine, alternating contrast. This is a lossy compression format.
- MrSID support
MrSID (.sid), which is an acronym of Multiresolution Seamless Image, is a file format developed and patented by LizardTech for encoding of georeferenced raster graphics such as orthophotos. The MrSID (.sid) format is supported in major GIS applications such as Autodesk, Bentley Systems, CARIS, ENVI, ERDAS, ESRI, Intergraph, MapInfo and QGIS.
- Jpeg 2000 support
Jpeg 2000 is a wavelet-based image compression standard. It was created by the Joint Photographic Experts Group committee in the year 2000 with the intention of superseding their original discrete cosine transform-based JPEG standard.
- ESRI-SHAPE Import
Import SHAPE (ESRI) files with geometry and its attributes into DWG drawings. Specific commands allow geometry insertion, colors and layers management, data dynamic control.
- 3D and 2D Civil Features
Fast triangulation of point clouds Creation of TIN surfaces from points within point cloud scan files or land survey collected points. AUTOSEZ command can be applied to these surfaces.
AUTOSEZ The tool for the automatic creation of surface profiles to show surface elevations along a horizontal alignment to represent, for example, road edges or ditches (Topographic Sections)
SLOPE The tool for an easy creation of terrain slope lines (ticks) between two edges or for a conversion of polylines into slope-style polylines.